There are certain jobs which constantly requires prolonged hour of sitting under immense mental stress, which requires to take 5 minutes breaks after every 90 minutes.
Below few examples of these overburden job profile are listed down….
- Administrative Jobs – likes, Chairmen, Directors, Executive Officers, Managers ect.
- People working in Offices (Desk Jobs) – Clerical Jobs, Accountants, Bank employees, Call centre executives.
- Drivers / Pilots
- Writers / Editors / Reviewers
These above mentioned profession have less propensity to move from the place frequently. These people are constantly under pressure of target completion of project or having higher customer loaded. This factor is disastrous for people. People who undergo with this factor will land up very easily and early for diabetes. And afterwards cardiovascular and other problems. Therefore, this is an alarming time of breaking of monotonous sitting for every 90 minutes of constant sitting.
What is the Importance of Taking 5 minutes breaks after Every 90 Minutes of Sitting
- It is recommended that person who is above age of 18 years should be done 150 minutes / week of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes / week of vigorous – intensity aerobic physical activity or physical exercises.
- To improve glucose or sugar control you have to do at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity physical activity or at least 90 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic exercise.
- For type 2 diabetes moderate walking exercise could have lower risk. People who are having diabetes can do training for strengthening muscles and reduces the fats. This would be helpful for diabetic person also.
- Walking also recommended as a positive influences on psycho social well being.
There are certain ways by which prolonged or monotonous sitting can be broken at workplace without compromising work.
- You can walk to deliver messages, files, reports rather than using phone and mails among colleagues.
- You can use restroom or water fountain which is further away than usual.
- Frequent breaks for tea and coffee.
- For lunch use cafeteria or canteen or some other place other than on same place.
- Do not eat at your desk, move to a different place.
- Take frequent breaks for freshening up in office.
- You can break the monotony by walking around the office for short period for 1-2 minutes.
- Talk to friends and colleagues in person instead of using intercoms.
- When answer the calls, always moves away from the desk or standing on place.
- Keep dustbin away from your desk, so you can stand up for using it.
- Stand up from a chair for a minute after every hour.