The purpose of vaccination, or immunization, is to artificially induce active immunity so there will be resistance to the pathogen upon natural exposure in the future.
Babies who all are come under category of vaccination
Immunization, is the process by which an individual’s immune system becomes fortified against an agent (known as the immunogen).
Out Patient Department
Consultant, Medical Officer, Health Care Assistant, Receptionist, Billing Dept.
- The patient come first to the out patient department counter.
- Registration to be done by the receptionist and then relative is send to the billing counter.
- After payment relative to be guided by the billing clerk to the pediatric out patient department for vaccination.
- Relative informs the vaccination room, healthcare assistant regarding vaccine.
- According to token number allotted by the receptionist, healthcare assistant, calls the patient’s relative inside the doctor’s room.
- Child’s weight is measured and entered in the out patient department card and vaccine to be checked.
- Hand hygiene as per hospital Infection control protocol.
- Healthcare assistant prepares the vaccine by following seven rights of medication.
- Discards the waste as per the hospital Infection control policy.
- Doctor administers vaccine to the baby.
- Polio vaccine administer orally by healthcare assistant .
- Doctor enters the data in the immunization, out patient department card.
- Health education to be given to the family members related to care of a child and next immunization schedule.
- Hand over the card to relative and instruct to bring for subsequent visit.