Non-availability of beds due to more admission and lack of certain facilities so shifted patient to outside hospital.
Patients requiring more advanced procedures or line of treatment.
Definition-Transfer to Outside Hospital
Shifting a patient from one hospital to another hospital when beds are not available.
All In-Patient Departments.
Casualty Medical Officer and Staff Nurse, Auxillary Nurse Midwife and Housekeeping Attendant.
- Confirm from the Consultant about the transfer.
- Instruct relatives about the transfer to be made.
- Examine thoroughly. Keep all records ready.
- Casualty Medical Officer informs history of the patient to concern doctor in other hospital by phone.
- Casualty Medical Officer drafts letter to the concerned doctor, the details of the patient’s condition, the line of treatment given, etc.
- Explains the patient’s relative related to procedure of transferring and letter.
- Handover draft letter to the Patient relative
- Assist relatives to arrange for Ambulance / Cardiac Ambulance.
- Arrange to send Doctor / Nurse while transferring the patient to other hospital, in emergency cases (Cardiac Ambulance).
- Transfer the patient to other hospital for further treatment.
- Emergency Case paper.
- Emergency Patient Register