Peripheral Vascular Disease(PVD)
Peripheral vascular disease is a group of blood vessels disease, outside of the heart and brain. This disease is caused due to narrowing of the blood vessels. Blood vessels which carries the blood to the extremities and other organ of the body. Narrowing of blood vessels occurs due to deposition of fats inner wall of the blood vessels or arteries. This condition we can call atherosclerosis, which is more common in the diabetic people.
Fats, which is deposits inside the wall of the blood vessels starts to reduce supply of blood flow. And sometimes blockage can be happened. And mainly it occurs with arteries leading to the kidneys, stomach, arms, and legs and feet.
Peripheral vascular disease is more dangerous, if people left it untreated or not attentive seriously, then this can lead to chronic ulcer or gangrene and only option is amputation of limbs. Sometimes people with this disease have higher risk of death due to stroke and heart attack. Because blood vessels unable to provide sufficient blood and oxygen or sometime totally cut off the blood supply to the brain and heart.
People with peripheral vascular disease having 15 to 40 times more risk of lower limb amputation than people having diabetic without this disease. So when people came to know they have develop peripheral vascular disease, they should be more careful with their diet, exercise, feet care, medication and also regular follow up with doctor.
Who will get more affected by Peripheral Vascular Disease
- People who all are more than 60 years of age group, more affected for peripheral vascular disease.
- As gender consider more men are affected than women. Because more men affected with the diabetes and due to sedentary lifestyle, men are most affected.
- Everybody knows smoking is injurious to health, still people continues smoking. People who all are smokers, they have more risk for peripheral vascular disease. Cigarette made up of tobacco, and tobacco contain nicotine, nicotine works in body as stimulant. But when it is used more than limit it gives adverse effects. Without nicotine blood vessels starts to constrict and person start to suffocate. Again he take the support of cigarette. Constriction blood vessels cause to peripheral vascular disease in future.
- People who are having history of diabetes, type 1 diabetes and type 2 disbetes. Both are equally in dangerous zone.
- People having high blood pressure, they can also come in this dangerous zone.
- High cholesterol also dangerous. People who developed high cholesterol or bad cholesterol, are more affected for peripheral disease.
What are the sign and symptoms of peripheral vascular disease…..