Rainy season, and starting of the winter season, mosquitoes attacks on us. Now days so many people are suffering with dengue fever, which shows low platelet counts. In dengue basic treatment is to increase platelet count. people who are admitted, using so many ways and also have so many fruits and juices, to increase the platelet count. and I have seen it has been given amazing result, literally it helps to increase the platelet . 15 ways which helps to increase the platelet are list down below….
The smallest cells travel inside our blood is called as platelet. These cells, which can be seen under a microscope. It protects the body against excessive blood loss during injury.
A normal ranges of platelet is 1,50,000 to 4,50,000 per microliter of blood. When platelet increased more than 4,50,000, this condition is called as Thrombocytosis; and when it is less than 1.50,000, this condition is called as Thrombocytopenia. You can find your platelet in blood test (Complete Blood Count-CBC).
When platelet count goes down, it may cause sudden bleeding from nose while blowing, gums while brushing, through urine and stool. In women, experiencing longer or heavier bleeding during periods. Like this uncontrolled / excessive amount of bleeding can lead to life-threatening conditions like organ failute and/or shock
To increase platelet would be costly for everybody, but there are several resources which helps to increase platelet counts.
Here are the top 15 ways to increase a low platelet count naturally..
- Pomegranate contains iron
- Pomegranate can eat raw or have juice also
- Daily consume 150ml or 50z juice for 2 weeks
- It is rich in vitamins, which helps in increasing energy
- Chlorophyll is also called is a blood of plant
- Wheatgrass contains high in chlorophyll with a molecular structure.
- It could be produced significant increases in hemoglobin.
- Wheatgrass juice could be mixed with a little lemon juice and drink ½ cup daily.
- Wheatgrass is rich in minerals like magnesium, selenium, zinc, chromium
- Rich in Antioxidants like vitamin E, C, B12, Beta carotene and iron, folic acid, pyridoxine, amino acids and enzymes,
- It has excellent nutritious and medicinal value along with having anti-anemic properties.
- International Journal of University has conducted study in 2011, that wheatgrass juice is helps inconsiderably increasing platelet count.
- Pumpkin also helps in increasing platelet count.
- It is rich in vitamin A which supports in platelet development.
- Pumpkin helps in regulate protein which produce in the cells
- Sesame oil is a cold-pressed oil which is helps in increasing platelet counts
- It helps to reduced free radical damage, inflammation in the body and also improves blood circulation
- Person can drink 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil twice a day.
- Rubbing of sesame oil daily externally on lymph node areas several times to help increase platelet counts.
- Beetroot is popular in increasing platelet count.
- It also has a natural antioxidant and hemostatic properties.
- Person can drink 1 tablespoon fresh beetroot juice three times in a day on daily basis.
- Three tablespoons of beetroot juice mix with one glass of carrot juice, and drink two times a day on daily basis.
- Several studies, (2013 on mice in Sri Lanka, 2013 in Malaysia on dengue patient) shows papaya leaves would be the highly beneficial in increasing platelet.
- Take three leaves and crush it. Make a glass of juice.
- Boil the papaya leaves on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- You have to boiled the liquid till it simmers down to half its volume.
- Two tablespoons you can take every six hours in a day till platelet gets increased to its normal range.
- Berries we can include in our diet such as blueberries, strawberries ect.,
- It is rich in anti-oxidants, which helps in increasing platelet
- Orange is having good contents of folate, which helps to improve the platelet counts.
- You can eat whole orange with roughage or can take juice also.
- You can drink 400ml of orange juice 2 – 3 times per day.
- It is from New Zealand fruits, it helps in increasing platelet
- At least 2-3 kiwi fruits you can eat for best result
- Dragon fruit you can eat for low platelet
- It helps in increasing platelet
- You can eat 1-2 fruit daily till platelet get in normal range.
Green leafy vegetables
- Dark green vegetables such as lettuce and parsley, olive, soy bean, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbages, tomatoes etc., has been proven to help in increasing the platelet levels
- Aleo vera helps in increasing platelet in just few days.
- Aleo vera juice you can take after every meal.
- Goat milk is having properties of increasing platelet.
- You can drink goat milk everyday basis.
- Blood cells made up of protein and water, it is recommended to drink lots of water throughout the day
- Water helps digestive tract to absorb nutrients properly
- Should not drink cold water specially when your platelet is go down, it’s slow down your digestion
- At least person can drink 8-10 glasses water daily
- Exercise helps in increasing blood circulation and improves the immune system, also support in increasing platelet.
According to the Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia, certain specific exercises can help increase different levels of low platelet counts. Here are a few guidelines:
As per Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia, certain specific exercises helps in increasing various levels of low platelets. Guidelines are as follows…..
|15,000 – 20,000||Sitting or standing exercise , Gentle stretching and walking|
|20,000 – 40,000||Stationary cycling and golfing|
|Above 60,000||Biking or jogging.
Note: When platelet would be below 15,000, NO ANY EXERCISES. It might be risk of bleeding.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Avoid consumption of alcohol intake, which would be hampered production of platelets occurs in the bone marrow.
- Tonic water (a bitter liquid which would be used as a mix for alcoholic drinks) contains quinine, which would be more dangerous and helped in decreasing platelet in the body, e.g., Bitter lemon and lime
- avoid Low-calorie and sugar-free drinks which contain aspartame, which are very harmful for the body.
- Low platelet has tendency of bleeding so avoid raw vegetables which damage the intestinal lining. Eat cooked vegetable and which is easily digested.
- Guava is good for platelet; daily 1 to 2 guava we can eat to be improved the platelet count.
- Aloe Vera is works as a blood purifier, which can be included in our diet.
- Canned and processed foods don’t give any nutrients, which is harmful for body.
- Rest is very important for body, so 7-8 hours’ sleep is to be needed
- Food which is to be included in our diet, e.g., Whole-grain cereals, brown rice and whole-wheat products.
- Do not eat processed foods, white flour, white rice.
- Do not exercise aggressively or do not do activities which would be cause injuries.
- Consult your doctor before taking any medicine, which is not prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take any intra muscular injection without informing your doctor, it may cause bleeding.
- Use soft brush while brushing your teeth, it may cause bleeding from the gums.
- Observe urine, stool, it would be chances of bleeding through it.
- Do not blow nose vigorously, it harms to nasal mucous membrane and cause bleeding.
- Keep on doing blood investigation for better result.