A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Purpose of Birth Registration
- Identification – Guarantees the secure identification of mother and child directly after the baby’s birth.
- Birth Registration – The purpose of a birth certificate is to record all the details of the birth, date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, etc. Then, the birth certificate helps to prove that the person exists and also it is used in the counting of the population.
Scope of Birth Registration
All New Born babies.
Definition- Birth Registration
- Identification – An infant, something that proves who you are, especially a document with your name and a photograph.
- Birth Registration – A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child.
Gyneac & Obstetric Department.
Consultant, Medical Officer, Staff Nurse, Auxillary Nurse Midwife and Head Nurse.
- After the birth of the child, the baby is shown to the Mother.
- A confinement number is given to the baby for identification. It ties in the baby’s hand.
- Confinement number is a unique number given to each baby.
- In case of multiple deliveries, confinement number is given in series.
- Confinement number series is changed every month. It starts from 1 in every month.
- The confinement number is written on Identification band which ties of the hand of the baby and the mother.
- A new IPD admission is done for every baby.
- Baby’s vitals, physical assessment, Apgar score are documented.
- Footprints are taken on IPD case sheet.
- The patient’s spouse / relative is explained about Municipal Birth Registration Process.
- Birth Registration Form is given and explained to fill the form.
- The form is then submitted to Municipal Corporation within 15 days.
- After discharge within one months relative can collect the birth certificate from municipal corporation.
- Delivery Register.
- Birth Register.
- Nurse’s Observation Sheet.