When person has suffers some disease conditions or sick or undergone some surgeries, in initial period doctors advice him to take light food for easy digestion. Following recipes of clear fluids helps person to prepare light diet a sick person.
Recipes of clear Fluids
- Have water ready which is boiling but has only just begun to boil.
- Do not use water which has been boiling for some time as its spoils the flavour.
- When it boils pour a little into the tea pot to warm it.
- Empty out this water and put the tea into the tea pot (one teaspoon of tea for each person).
- Pour the boiling water over the tea and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain and pour.
- Dilute with hot water if desired and add a few drop of lime and lemon juice and sugar to test.
- One heaped tablespoon of pure coffee powder.
- Freshly boiled water, 300 ml.
- Heat the coffee jug thoroughly.
- Put the coffee in the jug, pour in the boiling water and allowed to stand near the fire for 10 minutes.
- Strain, reheat and serve as black coffee with sugar if desired.
- The basic of clear soups in meat stock (water in which bones or meat have been simmered slowly for a long time).
- To make stock allow two pints of water to each pound of bones or meat.
- Chop the bones and cut up the meat, then put into cold water and bring to simmering point.
- If a little salt is added it helps the scum to rise.
- Simmer the stock for a minimum of 2-3 hours, removing a scum as it rises.
- Allow to cool thoroughly.
- Strain through fine muslin to remove the fat of solid matter.
- The stack may be used as it is for soup, or simmered again with diced vegetables to add other flavours.
- Strain and serve very hot
- Fruit juice may be prepared from fresh fruit, or by dilution of commercially prepared fruit squashes.
- Remove the juice from citrus fruit (lime, lemon, orange, sweet lime) by means of a squeezer, strain, dilute with water and add sugar or glucose to taste.
- Fruits which stew well, e.g., apples, tomatoes, may be stewed with a little water until pulpy, then strained through muslin.
- Add water and sugar or glucose to taste.
Raw Tomato Juice
- Select ripe, juicy tomatoes.
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes and let stand for 2 minutes to loosen the skins.
- Mash the tomatoes and press through a strainer as much of the juice and soft part as possible.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Some may prefer sugar.
- To 500 ml of fresh milk warmed to blood heat (370C) add one to two teaspoons of rennet.
- Set it aside in a warm place for a quarter of an hour.
- Then break up the curd thoroughly by stirring with a fork.
- Let it stand for 1 minutes, then strain the whey through muslin and bring it to the boiling point.
- Curds (perugu) may be used in place of rennet.
- To 500 ml of fresh milk add floor tablespoons of lime juice.
- Boil without stirring until the curd separates.
- Strain through several thickness of gauze and sugar.
- Cool and serve.
Barley Water (1)
- 1 tablespoon of barley flour
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 500ml of boiling water
- Mix the flour to a smooth paste with cold water,
- Gradually add the boiling water
- Stirring all the time
- Boil about 30 minutes
- Add salt and (if permitted) one tablespoon of lime juice
- Strain before use.
Barley Water (2)
- 30 gram of pearl barley
- 500ml of cold water
- Blanch the barley by covering with cold water
- Simmer the barley slowly with 500 ml of water till it is reduced to approximately 300 ml (about one and half hours) and strain.
- A fresh supply should be made at least twice daily.
- Lime juice may be added to the water before boiling if desired,
- Sugar added to taste.
Albumin Water (1)
- Press the whites of eggs through gauze into a glad
- Without beating add lime juice, water and sugar
- Unsweetened albumin water added to beef juice, or any beverage
- It gives that beverage a decidedly nutritious value.
- It is especially useful in pyrexia (Fever)
Albumin Water (2)
- Take the whites of two fresh eggs.
- Add one cup of water
- Put into a wide necked bottle.
- Cork it and shake thoroughly
- Add a little lime juice and sugar
- If preferred orange juice may be substituted for the lime juice.