Patient got immediate short-term treatment for cure any physical treatment and got discharge from casualty.
To ensure that the staff is aware about patient going home protocol of the hospital.
Discharge planning is a centralized, co-ordinate, multidisciplinary process which ensures that the patient has a plan for continuing care after leaving the hospital.
Patients who are visiting to casualty for short-term treatment.
Consultant, CMO and Staff Nurse, Auxillary Nurse Midwife and Housekeeping Attendant.
- Confirm the patient’s condition from the concerned consultant or Casualty Medical Officer.
- Casualty Medical Officer enter the order for discharge in the emergency case paper.
- Examine the patient whether he is feeling better or not and send patient at home.
- If patient stays minimum 4 hours, half-day bed charges are charged along with any other procedure as per hospital policy.
- Make sure all medicine has to get replace from the patient before sending patient at home.
- Instruct the patient follow-up treatment
- Instructions for treatment.
- Emergency Case Paper
- Emergency Patient Register