To provide therapeutic environment to the child.
Admitted babies in NICU
Cleanliness is the absence of dirt, including dust, stains, bad smell from the Unit.
NICU and Pediatric Ward.
Staff Nurse, Auxillary Nurse Midwife, Head Nurse, Ward Attendants, Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Keep following things ready for the purpose of cleaning –
- Clean basin with water.
- Antiseptic Spray
- Cloth to clean the cradle.
- Culture Tube.
- Pathology / Microbiology Form.
- Take swab from cradle prior to cleaning, if baby has expired or infected case.
- Prepare disinfectant solution and Clean the Cradle.
- If baby died or incase of any infection after cleaning, Disinfectant spray can use and then mop with dry sterile gamjee pad
- Incase the child is present in the cradle, mopping is done on the base and sides of the cradle. In the morning, when the child is taken out for bath remaining areas are cleaned.
- The medicine tray is cleaned once a day with plain soap water and as and when required.