Ante Natal Care is those guideline covers the care that healthy women and their babies should be offered during pregnancy. It aims to ensure that pregnant women are offered regular check-ups, information and support.
Purpose of Ante Natal Care
The purpose of antenatal care is to monitor mother and baby’s health and support her to make plans which are right for her.
Scope of Ante Natal Care
All Pregnant Mothers.
Definition – Ante Natal Care
The care of a pregnant woman and her unborn baby throughout the pregnancy. Such care involves regular visits to a doctor or midwife, who performs abdominal examinations, blood and urine tests and monitoring of blood pressure and fetal growth to detect disease or potential problems.
Gyneac and Obstetric Department.
Consultant, Medical Officer, Staff Nurse, Auxillary Nurse Midwife.
Ante Natal Care
- Evaluation of ANC patient in the OPD –
- History Taking – detailed personal history – name, age, OBS history, past menstrual history.
- Examination includes
- BP examination.
- General examination (Pallor, Pedal Edema).
- Per Abdominal size of uterus.
- Per Vaginal
- Blood – Routine ANC profile.
- On the basis of evaluation – ANC patient are divided into High risk ANC patient and routine ANC patient. The high risk patient OPD are informed about high risk factors.
- Advice to OPD ANC Patient
- Routine Checkup.
- Monthly upto 28 weeks.
- Fortnightly upto 36 weeks.
- Weekly till due date.
- Nutritional Advice
- Detailed dietary advice is given by dietician on OPD basis for patients with poor weight gain, obese
- For routine ANCs, the consultant Gynecologist advices healthy diet for pregnant woman.
- Hospital has nutrition guideline book available for sale in which diet for pregnant women is available. Daily schedule and recipe for healthy food are given.
- ANC film show and talks by spiritual care department, breast feeding lectures and ANC exercise talks are conducted every 1-2 months for ANC parents and their family members.
- Spiritual Counseling is provided by spiritual care department in the form of encouragement by chanting Holy Name, Reading Bhagwat Gita.
- Admission Criteria
- 1st Trimester
- Fever Complicating Pregnancy.
- Severe PIH.
- Intra Uterine Growth Retardation
- With labor pain of at least 3 cm. dilatation, Bleeding or absent fetal movement.
- For delivery.
- For LSCS.